Wednesday 17 April 2013

CSI: Timperley

You know that film Taken? Well, it was based on a true story from the 1980s.

Liam Neeson was cast as Frank Sidebottom, who, on a trip to Londium found that his only daughter/puppet Little Denise had been abducted. Despite appeals, Little Denise has never been found and may still be held in a box in some cellar by a puppet Fritzl somewhere, like Natascha Kampusch.

The sorrow at her disappearance is heartfeltly captured in Little Frank's benefit song "S.O.S." found on the album 5:9:88

♪ Where is Denise's Head, it seems so hard to find
I try to talk to her, but she has got no mind
I'd really try to make one, I really wish I could
But with my cardbard hands, it just would be no good

[chorus]
Now you're half near me, can you half hear me
S.O.S.
The love I gave you, but I can't save you
S.O.S.
You're half gone, how can I even try to go on (s.o.s.)
You're half there, but not the bit with the eyes or the hair

It was a London gig, and I'd just finished the show
I looked around for you, I didn't see you go
Whatever happened to her, I wish I understood
Who'd pinch some paper and glue nailed to a piece of wood?

[chorus]

Where is my girlfriend's head, it used to look dead good?

[chorus] ♫"



Anyhoo, if anyone out there know where Little Denise is, please contact Being Frank: The Chris Sievey Story so she can be part of the documentary about Frank Sidebottoms life.

And reunite her with Little Frank, as it's bobbins trying to snog a girlfriend with no head:

The original appeal: